Master of Policy Sciences
MoHE approval code: JPT/BPP(R2/313/7/0023) 04/26
|Study Method||Full time or Part-time|
|Intake||January, May & August
(This course is an intensively run programme)
|Duration||Six semesters of 50 credit points per semester|
Acquire a foundation in the core areas of policy analysis and management in the public sector, and develop a framework which emphasises policy formulation, implementation and evaluation within the public sector. This course is available in both on-campus and online study mode.
Why Study Policy Sciences at Curtin?
- Designed for local public sectors – localised with international perspective
- Ground breaking – The first course of its kind in Sarawak, Malaysia
- Taught by professionals – Staff have extensive experience in policy sciences
- Flexibility – Classes are conducted during weekend with minimal interruption to work (on-campus study mode)
- Also available fully online – offering flexibility to fit your studies around your job commitments and move your skill set to the next level without interrupting your career
- Appropriate Bachelor’s degree or Graduate Diploma from a recognised tertiary institution
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) will be considered on an individual basis
- IELTS 6.5 overall, not less than 6.0 in each section, or other proficiency equivalent
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in which English was the language of instruction can also be viewed as satisfying the English requirement. This will be assessed on a case- to- case basis.
Online Study Mode
- This course can be undertaken while working as there are no requirements to attend classes in the online study mode. Our online teaching technologies provide seamless, responsive, innovative digital learning experiences. You will be able to:
- View weekly lecture videos online
- Complete trimesters based on online courses from anywhere in the world
- Access course materials and assignments using web-based tools
- Complete the assessments and submit work online
Frequently Asked Questions
The average contact hours for every unit is 3 hours per week.
Besides viewing the weekly lecture videos online, students will be able to meet the lecturer face to face online for course consultation:Fixed period online course consultation: The lecturer will be available via Skype 3 times each trimester for 2 hours on course consultation. Time table of consultation hour will be notified in every trimester.Appointment based online course consultation: The student can book appointment with the lecturer based on their preferred time for course consultation.
Students are allowed to take two units every trimester.
There are a total of 11 units (10 units carry 25 credits and 1 unit carry 50 credits). The total credits of the program is 300.
The assessments may vary from unit to unit but generally they are:
- Online tests
- Case study reports
- Report preparations
All the assessment details will be informed to students through the unit outline at the beginning of the trimester.