Diploma of Commerce
MoHE approval code: JBT BPP (N/340/4/0807) 05/27
|Intake||March, July & October
|Duration||2 Years – Full time (6 trimester)|
The course aims to provide students with broad business knowledge, covering areas such as economics, accounting and finance, marketing, management and technology.
It equips students with a diverse range of skills including communication, critical thinking, cross-culture awareness, lifelong learning and decision-making skills. The course prepares students for employment in all sectors and industries, as well as pathway to a business degree program. Students who successfully complete the Diploma of Commerce program will be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Business Administration at Curtin Malaysia, with advanced standing of a maximum 200 credits.
A graduate of this course can:
- Apply theories, concepts and techniques to analyze and solve business problems in ways that demonstrate critical thinking.
- Communicate professionally individually and/or as part of a team, and in ways that are responsible and appropriate for various business contexts.
- Use relevant technologies and information to make valid and supported judgments about business issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural diversity and how this informs respectful and responsible business practices.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and lifelong learning skills in their academic and career development.
Year 1 of the diploma program contains four English language and academic diligence enabling units which are aimed at developing a range of generic skills in students including writing and speaking skills, critical thinking and research skills. In addition, students also study foundation areas of accounting, economics, management, marketing, technology and statistics.
In Year 2, students will explore value creation in business, learn to use financial information to make informed and responsible decisions, and develop business intelligence and analytical capabilities to interpret data in a meaningful way. Following on from this, students choose three units in business area which they plan to do specialized degree study at Curtin University.
Towards the end of the program, through the industrial training students will gain the practical skills and experience they need to be confident and industry-ready when they graduate.
|Malaysian SPM||3 Credits including English|
|STPM||Grade C (GP2.0) in any subject|
|GCE ‘O’ Level||3 Credits including English|
|UEC||B4 in 3 relevant academic subjects including English|
Minimum English language entry requirements
Language Testing System
(all bands min 5.0)
|Test of English as a
Foreign Language (TOEFL)
|PTE Academics (Pearson Test of English Academic)||36|
|Linguaskill||Total scores of 154 or more with no individual scores below 147|
|IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level||D|
|MUET||Band 3 (min aggregate 140)|
- Academic Writing Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Introduction to Business Management
- Introduction to Research Projects
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Principal of Economics
- Fundamental of Business Mathematics
- Market and Legal Frameworks
- Communication, Culture and Indigenous Perspectives in Business
- Strategic Career Design
- Financial Decision Making
- Analytics for Decision Making
- 3 Optional units*
- Industrial Training (minimum 12 weeks)
- Introductory Economics
- Quantitative techniques for Business
- Introduction to Finance Principles
- Human Resources Management Introduction
- Organisational Behaviour
- Start-up Business Planning
- Principles of Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Consumer Behaviour
- Discovering Marketing
Click on the link below to view the Fees and Charges for the offered course.