Bachelor of Business Administration – BBA(Curtin) – B-BUSADM
|Location||Bentley, Mauritius, Sarawak or Vietnam|
|Intake||February or August|
This course provides students with a generic course in business management and is well suited to those seeking to attain professional expertise in the general management area. It focuses on preparing students to be future managers undertaking challenging roles in a global environment, specifically preparing graduates for management roles in public or private sector organisations. Graduates of this course are qualified to work in a wide range of businesses, both in the public and private sectors, and at middle and senior management level positions.
Why Business Administration?
- Graduate with strong expertise in general management, with the added ability to specialise in areas such as small business and entrepreneurship, human resource and international management.
- Course conforms to the membership standards of relevant professional bodies.
- Students will be exposed to international business practices.
- It is a field with a very high demand for graduates and offers excellent international employment opportunities.
- The course has extensive support and collaboration from industry players.
- The course is taught by excellent teaching staff, many with extensive industrial experiences and strong links with national and international institutes.
Minimum English language entry requirements
Language Testing System
(no individual band
|Test of English as a
Foreign Language (TOEFL)
|79 (band minimum W-21,
L-13, R-13, S-18)
|SPM 1119 English||C|
|GCE ‘A’ Level||E|
|GCE ‘O’ Level||C|
|GCE-A Level/ STPM/ (best of 3 subjects)||5|
|UEC (best of 5 selected subjects)||20|
|ATAR (WACE/ SACE/ HSC/ VCE/ AUSMAT/ SAM/ MUFY)||70|
Cut-off scores key:
GCE : General Certificate of Education
STPM : Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia
IB : International Baccalaureate
ATAR : Australian Tertiary Admission Rank – applicable to all Australian matriculation
HKDSE : Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education
India : Includes All India Senior School Certificate awarded by The Central Board of Secondary School Education (CBSE), Indian School Certificate (ISC) awarded by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), Higher School Certificate (HSC) awarded by one of the State Secondary School Boards. Certificates awarded by the CBSE and the CISCE are generally considered to represent a higher level of achievement than state certificates.
Sri Lanka : GCE ‘A’ level issued by the Department of Examinations
Score Conversion for Advanced level/GCE/GCSE:
Grades awarded from 2010 onwards: A*=6, A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1
Grades awarded up to 2009: A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1
AS Levels equal half of that of an Advanced Level, e.g. 3 points for an A*, 2.5 points for an A (prior to 2010)
Subject Grades Conversion for STPM : A=5, A- =4, B+ =4, B=3, B- =2, C+ = 2, C=1
The following UEC subjects are included in the aggregate of best five subject:
• Mathematics • Advance Mathematics I • Advance Mathematics II • Biology • Chemistry • Physics • Business Studies • Bookkeeping and Accounts • Accounting
• Economics • History • Geography • Computing and Information Technology
Note: scores for individual prerequisites may be taken into consideration for assessment purposes.
Minimum academic entry requirements
Click on the link below to view the Fees and Charges for the offered course.
Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
Public Services Department (JPA)
BBA students can opt for membership in professional bodies similar to those for Commerce programmes.
Graduates may also be eligible for recognition by other selected professional bodies in Australia, Malaysia and internationally.
Diploma applications will be treated on case to case basis.
- General Manager
- Management Consultant
- Business Development Officer
- Industrial Relations Officer
- Human Resources Officer
- Operations Officer
- Logistic Officer
- Supply Chain Officer
- Import-Export Coordinator
- Branding Expert
- Purchasing Officer
- Retail Manager
- Market Researcher
- Financial Consultant
|Year 1 Sem 1||Year 2 Sem 1||Year 3 Sem 1|
Introduction to Accounting
Introductory Systems Analysis and Design
Introduction to Business Information Systems
Fundamentals of Management
|Year 1 Sem 2||Year 2 Sem 2||Year 3 Sem 2|
Communication in Business
Human Resource Management Introduction