Engineering and Science
Foundation in Engineering and Science
MoHE approval code: JPT/BPP(R/010/3/0344) 04/20
|Intake||March or August|
|Duration||1 Year (2 semesters)
consists of 8 common units
APPLY NOW – FIND OUT HOW
This course prepares students for undergraduate study in Engineering and Science, Computing and Information Technology. In addition to several units that are common to all foundation courses, students study units in Engineering Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and Programming in C++.
The courses are aimed at developing academic diligence, critical analysis, and a raft of generic skills in students. They provide a solid foundation for the students to adapt to university education more confidently, both in terms of level and style of education.
Pathways to further study at Curtin’s Perth Campus
Students who obtain satisfactory results are eligible for admission to a range of undergraduate courses offered at Curtin Perth.
Minimum English language entry requirements
Language Testing System
(no individual band
|Test of English as a
Foreign Language (TOEFL)
|GCE ‘O’ Level||C|
- 5 Credits including English and Mathematics and 2 passes in Additional Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry.
- Credits towards a Curtin qualification may be granted to applicants with qualifications from other accredited educational institutions.
Students with satisfactory results in the Foundation Studies – Engineering and Science Stream programme can enter degree programmes such as:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical, Civil and Construction, Electrical Power, Environment, Electronic & Communication, Mechanical, Petroleum)
- Bachelor of Technology (Computer Systems & Networking)
- Bachelor of Science (Applied Geology)
Click on the link below to view the Fees and Charges for the offered course.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Engineering Mathematics 061||Chemistry 064|
|Programming in C++ 063||Engineering Mathematics 062|
|Effective Communication Skills 061||Physics 062|
|Physics 061||Writing and Research Skills 062|