Foundation of Arts (Media)
MoHE Course Code: (N/010/3/0426)
|Intake||March or August|
|Duration||1 Year (2 semesters)
consists of 8 common units
The course prepares students for undergraduate study in Arts and Commerce. It has two streams and several units that are common to all foundation courses like Effective Communication skills and Writing and Research Skills. In the Commerce stream, students study units in Commerce Mathematics, Economics, Accounting and Business Management. In the Arts & Media stream, they study units in Media and Communication, Journalism, Information Technology, 20th Century World History, Travel Writing & Photography, Screen Production and Visual Culture.
Pathways to further study at Curtin’s Perth Campus
Students who obtain satisfactory results are eligible for admission to a range of undergraduate courses offered at Curtin Perth.
Minimum English language entry requirements
Language Testing System
(no individual band
|Test of English as a
Foreign Language (TOEFL)
|GCE ‘O’ Level||C|
- 5 Credits including English or 5 Credits and English competence
- Credits towards a Curtin qualification may be granted to applicants with qualifications from other accredited educational institutions.
Students who pass all subjects in the Foundation Studies – Commerce and Arts Stream programme can enter degree programmes such as:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Banking, Accounting & Entrepreneurship, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Entrepreneurship & Marketing, Finance & Management, Finance & Marketing, Management & Marketing, Marketing & Public Relations, Public Relations & Management, Tourism & Hospitality & Marketing)
Click on the link below to view the Fees and Charges for the offered course.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Business Information Technology 061||Travel Writing and Photography 062 (elective)
20th Century World History (elective)
|Intro to Media & Communication Studies 061||Intro to Screen Production 062|
|Effective Communication Skills 061||Intro to Journalism 062|
|Intro to Visual Culture 061||Writing and Research Skills 062|